Sunday, September 3, 2017

Day 29 - Goleta to Santa Monica


I think this may be my favorite picture of the trip.  Early out with a long day expected.

Great scenery rolling out through the University of California Santa Barbara.


I imagine the view is pretty fantastic from this midpoint on campus.


Amazing ssnd sculpture in downtown Santa Barbara.


Beach life all day today.


Wonderful bike path.


Sad bit of crashing today.  This rider hit a random speed bump off kilter, check out that jacked up shifter.  He rode single speed all day, with only front brakes.  Thats the type of people I'm hanging out with.  Kudos.


:)


During the monster headwind porion of our rode (15 miles maybe) we came about a missle exhibit just outside the navy base.  😬


I saw several of these today.  Seriously, I'm pretty confident it's on my right still.


I'm rolling the dice tonight.  Sleeping in my hammock.  Wish me luck.  All the security night lights just came on. Grrrr.

So much to think about when settling down.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the haze from the fires isn't affecting you too badly- and in fact maybe it helped make that amazing photo at the start! I hope being by the sea helps keep the air clean. You're in the home stretch. I'm so excited for you: and glad it's not you riding single speed with only front brakes!

    ReplyDelete