Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Day 32 - Carlsbad to San Diego


Last ride of the trip.  One month has definitely been long enough to form good friendships.

This is the breakfast club.  The early risers who ate oatmeal nearly every day.  It became a morning communal event with everyone pitching in.


This was second breakfast club.


The ride was slow with time to kill until we all met at Mission Park to ride in together.

Heading to La Jolla cove after giving all my effort to the Torrey Pines climb.  All the energy I had left.  I averaged slightly over 10 mph, not bad.


La Jolla is beautiful.


Art from Pacific Beach.


More group photos.


Then it was over.  I made it.


1,859 miles and 78,523 feet of climbing in 32 days, with only 1 flat tire.


🌯 10 🍔 9 🍕 3


In the liberally interpretated but immortal words of Forrest Gump...

"I just felt like cycling.

When i got tired I slept, when I got hungry I ate.

I had a lot of company, but most of all I thought about my Jenny.

I cycled for 138 hours 53 minutes.

Jenny told me you've got to put the past behind you before you can move on and I think that's what my cycling is all about.

I'm pretty tired......... I think I'll go home now."




5 comments:

  1. Almost 15 vertical miles to go with your 1900 horizontal. Man, I'll bet you're tired! Sure impressed, man: an achievement of a lifetime. Hope you have an amazing, blissful recovery! Take care of yourself and your Jenny and I look forward to catching up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on completing your goal this time without injury. Now to enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jeffer Roy. You the man! Love you, Sue, Blaine and Hannah Banana

    ReplyDelete