Saturday, August 6, 2016

Day 1 - Seattle to Shelton

I started my day with a tall Americano, blueberry muffin, yogurt and a banana.  I miss my personal chef already :)



Departure at 9:00 with a back tire dip in the Puget Sound, then off to hop onto the ferry and shuttle across to Bremerton.  The ferry ride was fun watching people eating cookies, hot chocolate and egg sandwiches.  I had the egg sandwich of course.  Rain jacket is on, chilly so far this morning.  But I'm prepared and overpacked for any scenario, assuming I start layered correctly.

The tricky part for today is that none of us have a routine yet.  When do you eat?  What's at the rest stop?  Where am I staying?  Here's all of the info I have (other than my map that is hard to figure out).


Turns out I was right on the difficulty of reading the maps.  We ended up in a four person group and got lost.  We were labeled the off-route group.  Fortunately our detour found us some tasty burgers.



We had s headwind nearly the entire ride foreshadowing the forecasted rain for the next couple of days.  Whatever, we will see.

We arrived at the host home camped out in her backyard.


We were greeted with wonderful hospitality and fresh french bread.  I smothered my portion with Nutella.



This is the crew I'm with.  Each with their own stories, lives, and perspectives.  Sure to be entertaining.  How about that gloomy Seattle sky.  No rain today.




2 comments:

  1. Little weak that there aren't clearer instructions! :P At least you've got a crew to hang with- that's gotta be good. I know you've got your box fully packed out to optimize your experience! Sleep well in that tent- hopefully at least as well as you did when you slept in your own backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burgers--perfect!!! I'll bet those who managed to followed the map we're sorry! Is this anything like the path you followed from Seattle to Portland?

    ReplyDelete