Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Day 18 - Post Surgery, gratitude and the future.

I realized today that my blog reader population got one big cliff hanger of a day eight post.  Now that another 10 days has passed I have a little bit clearer path.

Surgery went as well as could be expected.  For those of you not afraid of graphic videos, Google PARS Achilles surgery.

One bright spot days after the incident was my scooter find on Craigslist which I quickly added my Bike the US for MS sticker on.



Jenn added some humor to lighten both our moods.  I'm currently reading the Jens Voight biography "Shut up legs".


The broad plan is fo me to have 14 days in a soft cast non weight bearing.  Followed by 3 months in a boot combined with physical therapy to slowly strengthen and stretch.  After that light activities for another 3 months or so.  Fortunately for me that covers winter and should be good timing for spring biking.  According to my calculations that gives me six months to prepare for the Pacific Coast again.  Maybe it happens, maybe not, but I'm putting it in my head.

If that doesn't pan out, I've been teasing my wife that I'm going to go on American Ninja Warrior.


This has been yet another reminder to live every day with gratitude, you never know what's out there.  I do know that I've jumped a couple hurdles now and can once again point myself in the direction that I want to go.  

Without the support of my beautiful spouse, the hurdles would be higher and much harder.  I'm blessed to have her look at this as a setback, not a failure, strengthening both of our resolves to pursue our passions.  She's kind of a big deal.

Thanks for all of your support family and friends.  Keep moving forward.

"Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened"


4 comments:

  1. Sure glad you two found each other way back when! Hang in there, man: this must be pretty frustrating. Sure couldn't have predicted this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update. That was definitely a cliff hanger. You are so very fortunate to have Jenn champion for you. She's not only beautiful but smart! You are oh so lucky. Three beautiful nurses To tend to you! What a way to go! Love you Jeffer. Take care. Ps -- good time to start that book! S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just added a one liner from a book I'm reading that sums it all up.

    "Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff, My Mom used to tell me that God doesn't waste anything. It's been my life experience that this has been true.
    It'll be interesting to see what you find out about that in the (hopefully) near future and see if YOU agree with it.

    ReplyDelete