Saturday, August 13, 2016

Day 8 - A Sad Ride Home

Well the ride wasn't too much for me, but shooting hoops in the carpeted church on fatigued legs did.  Many of you have already heard, but I ruptured my Achilles' tendon last night.  



I traveled to the ER last night, got my diagnosis (which I already knew), a splint cast and crutches.  


Smiling and focusing on the positive.  Cut short but I've had a great week.  Looking forward to seeing my family now.


I feel like I got evacuated from survivor, trying to be positive but crushed.  One of the riders said they would miss my positive outlook.  All of them said they would miss seeing my photographs that I've been posting to Instagram.

Thank you all for your support getting me this far.


5 comments:

  1. We are just in shock. We will be in touch. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to be so far behind. I haven't had access to your blog until today! So sorry about your achilles. That's a horrible injury. I hope that you enjoyed the experience up until that point. How long will it before you can ride again? Keep in touch.
    Uncle Gary (8.22.16)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 months in PT and a boot. Hopefully light activities after that. Fortunately cycling can be a light activity. I'm going to make it my goal to go back next year to do the ride. MS is letting me in without fundraising again, my sights are set on that. Assuming I can make the schedule work for me again.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh Jeffer. I have also been behind on the blog. I'm so sorry that you will miss the rest of the ride. I know you must be very sad. But better to have ridden the week than none at all. Most of us would be afraid to even give it a try. Love you and so very proud. S

    ReplyDelete