Thursday, August 3, 2017

2017 Prologue

August 3rd, 2017 and here I am again.  I'm all stiched up with exactly 3,000 miles under my belt already in 2017.

The morning started off great.  Queens "Bicycle Race" song popped up on the radio as I fired up the car to drive to Sacramento.


I'm looking forward to seeing a few of the guys I rode with last year at the alumni reunion.

What a strange feeling of deja vu.  I even left my extra pair sunglasses on my head at the airport and had to call Jenn for a drive back pickup.  I got a beautiful bonus hug though.  I don't think it will leave me until I pass the now infamous Lincoln City.  


Sitting in the Airport (flight delayed) and killing time I came upon this article.  I swear it's not me, really. I'm going to do this thing the hard way, that's how I roll.

Thank you all again and again for supporting me on this adventurous endeavor.

I've found a few fun messages while I'm waiting around the airport.


If that's not appropriate......


Forgot about this one on the inside of my hat.

Finally on the plane after a four hour delay only to have a maintenance issue.  Small hydraulic leak.  Grrr.... just so long as my gear makes it.


Fortunately for me I did finally make it to Seattle and with my gear mostly intact.  I had my pickup crew on bike lookout.


My mirror broke (again) and i have a fancy new dime sized hole worn into my frame from the wheel packed underneath.  Apparently I've traveled enough with it to wear out the protective foam that separates the two.  Oh well, I'll have to find a fun sticker to cover it up.


It was good to see family again.  I'm so happy Julie's kids know and look forward to seeing me.  They took good care of me.  Before I crashed out for the night I was nourished with a cold beer, avocado turkey burger and sweet potato fries.

Last minute grocery shopping and off to downtown tomorrow.





2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the photos and read your commentary. I noticed you are always surrounded by beautiful women!?! Just wondering. Have a wonderful ride. Be safe. We love you.

    ReplyDelete