Saturday, August 19, 2017

Day 14 - Arcata (Rest Day)


I actually slept in until 7:30 or 8:00 today. On the way in to town yesterday I found a fun looking coffee shop for breakfast.


I had a mocha, pear blueberry upside down cake and a bagel with avocado and poached egg on it.  It was very good but took about an hour and a half.  They forgot our order, I reminded them, and it took another half hour after that.  😬. At least it was good.


I liked this message on the coffee shop wall.


Here's where I live today.  I read 15 minutes of my book and crushed a one hour nap before heading out again.


Cleaned my bike, which is now fixed for 26.00 at the local shop, phew.


At coffee we learned of a Saturday farmers market in the square.


The produce was beautiful.

The people watching was entertaining.


Many interesting shop windows to browse.  I liked this one.


Wall art at our lunch spot.  I had the recommended chicken parmigiana sandwich.  Rocked it.


A couple pints at the brewery an a shuffleboard challenge.


Then back to home for a partially foraged dinner.  Blackberry oatmeal with three small handpicked plums.  👍🏻👍🏻


Only 14,000 steps on rest day.  I kept it light.

Every evening we get the next days info.  Here's tomorrow's plan.


3 comments:

  1. What a cute little town! You are an ace at finding fabulous food wherever you go. Hope your welcome back to the grind is not a brutal one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you rested--even with 14,000 steps! Sounds like good food and a slow pace for a day. I imagine you're getting ready to take off now--or are on the road already! The ball game was fun--Aces won--though I enjoy good plays by any player. Thank you for blogging; I look forward to it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your food choices sound wonderful. Again, I love the photos--so representative of the area. Glad to here the bike is repaired.

    ReplyDelete