Friday, August 4, 2017

Alumni Reunion

I would have missed a golden opportunity had I not reminded Miss Megan that she made me an awesome breakfast last year.  She was up to the task, making me fresh scones and coffee.  Delicious.
 

I came early enough to be a part of the welcome party for those completing the Northern Tier, a mere 4,295 miles in 69 days.

As part of their alumni celebration it is also the 10th year anniversary for Bike the US for MS.  A beginning that sprouted from one idea to do a coast to coast unsupported ride across America to raise money for MS with a few college friends.  The founders mom has had MS for the last 30 years.  To date they have now raised over 3 million dollars.

Can you be alumni only completing 21.875% of the ride in 2016.  I did get an invite so I guess so.

Another reason I wanted to be here early was my friend Rick made the journey up from Sacramento.  It was fun to catch up and we're planning to ride Lake Washington tomorrow morning for old times sake.

Later this evening the weather has finally cooled a bit (90's most of the day) so I did some wandering with my roommates.


I found a few things.


Like the Huckleberry milkshake I couldn't get at the Tilamook factory last year (they ran out during the huckleberry festival).

In true city fashion there were some interesting sights.  I saw a woman with purple lipstick, a bike rickshaw driven by a man in a puffy Captain America outfit, a tweeker being arrested, a girl in boot whom i felt sorry for and a very red smokey sunset.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome day. Lake Washingtonis a beautiful spot. Heck, the whole Northwest is just one amazing sight. Enjoy the ride! XOXO. P.S. EnZo sez the beach at Pacific City is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete