Monday, August 21, 2017

Day 16 - Avenue of the Giants to Redway


Yep I paid $3.00 (actually 5.00 another rider needed to borrow 2.00) for this photo.  I felt obligated despite how cheesy it is.


It was a pretty unmiraculous day.  A piddly 21 mile ride to camp.  Last year they took an epic alternate, but it proved too epic last year for many, the result our short day.  We'll make it up tomorrow 70-80 miles or so to Fort Bragg.

We stopped for breakfast today though to watch the eclipse.  That was entertaining.


There it was for an hour or so.


The rest of the day was at spent in my hammock reading.


I'm hoping I wasn't tropping around in the poison oak thats around here.

Not the nicest campground, were in a pretty lousy part of California.

The did have a scummy pool to swim in and mini golf (didnt play).



2 comments:

  1. I remember those little houses, seems like the girls got to climb up inside them! Memories from a good long time ago...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much another rest day for you, not altogether a bad thing. You're looking good, relaxed and ready to move on; a bit more hammock time didn't hurt, sorry it was in kind of a crummy place. I watched much of the eclipse too, glad you were able to; it was pretty cool! Have a great ride tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete