Sunday, August 6, 2017

Day 1 - Seattle to Shelton

Goodbye Seattle......
 

It was funny to be on Facebook today with flashback photos (1 year today....)


However one year ago we took a minor 20 mile detail, that made the ride kindof new.   This time I did the real ride, which included a lake and a couple short steep little climbs.

I rode with the fast group today knowing that it was mostly flat and they were leaders last year who knew the route. No map reading required.  Tomorrow I'll try and find a different group to test out.  I'll have coffee & oatmeal and then I'm going to see who's rolling out.

Our tent city and laundry went up fast at "Donna's House".


Dinner consisted of a dehydrated veggie burrito bowl (which I found in the northern tier donated food bin, not terrible).  I'm not sure if that counts in my burger/burrito battle?  I'll have to text Ally for a decision.


I'm loving my new electronic burrito pouch.  👍🏻  Advantage burritos.

It's been fun to get started, but I still feel like that start will really be Lincoln City though.

A great first day.







3 comments:

  1. Looks like the weather is pretty ok! Glad you missed the Seattle downpour....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blaine thinks you can't go wrong either way in the burrito/burger choice. He believes he could survive on tacos(or Mexican food in general), burgers and pizza. So proud that you're on the trail--or back in the saddle--again. Love ya

    ReplyDelete