Monday, August 14, 2017

Day 9 - Florence to Coos Bay


I started my day off with my first sunrise of the trip, although I've been up by 5:00-5:30 everyday, fogless morning.


I love biking all these bridges.  They have about a two foot sidewalk to ride on.  Several riders were uncomfortable with the sidewalk and chose the street.  I felt much safer off the road, plus then I could stop for cool pictures like this one.


It took a while but I finally found a cool sand dune picture.


Clever tree scrap usage.


I was excited to get a package in the mail from my girls.  Now i have food and entertainment for days and cookies to share.


And they are tasty cookies.


I was planning on eating in, but my ears perked up when a taxi arrived to go to 7 Devils Brewery.  We shared poutine and all had a beer.

Strangely our taxi driver told us that the best fish and chips were at a German restaurant.  They were good, i got a leftover.  I had Dutch meatballs 😉.


Wall art in Coos Bay.


I'm looking forward to tomorrow.  Supposedly our best camp site and I get to go through Bandon Dunes.



2 comments:

  1. Neat to see the landscape change. Very cute stuff from the goyles! Hope this new road keeps treating you well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a good care package! You have gotten some great pics. Now I'm thinking about our next trip to the coast! Keepin on bikin'!

    ReplyDelete