Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Day 17 - Redway to Fort Bragg


Much tougher ride today.  We have to trek back to the coast via Highway 1.  The same road Sam and I were feeling car sick on so many years ago.  

A little bit of hike a bike past some a gravel landslide.  There have been a ton of one lane closures due to mudslides.


Early in the day I saw this sign.


Bombed the big climb of the day through these uniform trees.


It sure is exciting not knowing what's around the next corner.  Sometimes it an "herb" farm with notvso friendly no trespassing and beware of dog signs.


Back to the coast where the water was very aquamarine in color.  Totally different than the water I've seen so far.


50 miles later I saw this sign. 😡


My lunch stop in Westport complete with poppies, breakfast sandwich, bear claw and water.


A detour through the state park.


Pretty sweet bike bridge.  Have I mentioned I like biking across bridges.


Finished at glass beach.  Unfortunately two riders had minor crashes today descending, easy descent but pretty novice riders.  Hopefully they are feeling better tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. Those are some intense stats at the end! I hope the bear claw helped... and I hope you have someplace quiet and soft to rest tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are unbelievable. Makes my little flower garden look pathetic!

    Thanks again for the great chronicle. Blaine and I are planning a 101 trip (hopefully the entire coast). This blog is will be an awesome guide.

    You're my hero. We are sooooo very proud.

    ReplyDelete