Thursday, August 31, 2017

Day 26 - Paso Robles to Pismo Beach


Glad to be leaving the excessive heat of Paso Robles, bit sad I didn't have time to explore town.  We did at least go to breakfast which was good, so I saw a bit.

We also left town on a highway with lots of wineries which was scenic, bit nothing like the excess of Napa.


No pinot noir stashed in my little cubby 😂.


One big climb for the day resulted in this view.  Look close to pick out Morro Bay.  The descent was awesome.


The sun is out and the temps are perfect both warm and cool.


My favorite stop of the day.  I had samples and stocked up my rest stop bin with a tower of cookies.


They were definitely freshly made.


More beautiful scenery, but today my legs are starting to fade.  Poor sleep and bad nutrition yesterday caught up to me.  I felt great yesterday, not so great today.


More scenery of where we took backroads into SLO.


I did make it, but back to back eighty mile rides is tough.  We'll see how tacking on 94 more tomorrow feels.

Great beach to recover at though.


With a sunset to boot.


Accidentally hit save so a two part strava.



4 comments:

  1. I'm glad your strong day came on the day when you had the roughest path: while it's never good to be feeling bad, at least the weather was supportive today. I sure hope you sleep well and power through the 94 miler! Hang on....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your blog every day! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you have so many miles to cover today, but I hope there will be less elevation. BUT I cannot change any of it to suit me or what I want for you--you will be worn out, but you will conquer yet another big challenge. Two Death Rides for you and for me, The Gate of the Sun. A week from tomorrow I'll get to see you again, it's been long. Thank you for writing and taking pictures. I think tomorrow is a rest day, drink deeply of it. Much love,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your back on the coast. You are one bad dude. Hang in there. Blaine and I are thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete