Sunday, August 20, 2017

Day 15 - Arcata to Avenue of the Giants


I woke up to another blood red sun, which is exciting because only the first hour was cold today.

It also added some pop to my early morning pictures.


Lots of transients, but the Eureka harbor was pretty.


Beautiful architecture.


Pimped out private club.


That had a raccoon family living near it.


1/2 way by miles and days 👍🏻


I seen lots of logging.


This was on our route and sums up Humboldt county pretty well.


Trying to keep my big wheels turning.


An awesome sign at our first rest stop of the day.


I rode solo most of the day and took time for some little nice details, like a coconut chocolate muffin and espresso.


No difficult climbs today.  This little one afforded a nice view though.


I stopped at this little booth and lucked into a free blackberry popsickle.  A local cyclist had prepaid (pay it forward) for other cyclists today.


I also got to take pictures in her garden.


An extra one for mom.


Photo by a tourist who stopped the same time as me.  Classic stop, had to do it.


Carved into a bench, where I stopped for a burger.

🍔 6 Burrito 🌯 4


I'm going to have a hard rime throttling calories back in a couple weeks.  I'm always hungry.


1 comment:

  1. Another stunning day! I'd love to feel that fresh sea air--breathe deeply for me! Free blackberry popsicle--how sweet is that! I like to imagine what you see, hear, and think while you're riding through such beauty alone--wow! It's pleasant to be with people too, but alone you can almost inhale the sights. Carry on, Jeff! I await your next post!

    ReplyDelete