Friday, August 11, 2017

Day 6 - Astoria to Tillamook


Astoria was nice, but I'm eager to knock these first rides out and get to Lincoln City.


I would venture to say this has been the most scenic day so far.


151 sand volleyball courts.  No bikinis out it was chilly.  In Seaside our rest stop was stocked with donuts and hot coffee from a past alumni.

To Cannon Beach.  28 miles into the ride I led a breakfast stop.  Ham and egg croissant.


We put Cannon Beach in the rear view.
Headed for our first real climb of the tour, albeit not anything like we have at home.


This years viewpoint at the top.


Last years.


Not the best photo but a really interesting tree.


To the Pelican Brewery.


Surf & Turf Burger.

Sadly it was too cold to want a huckleberry milkshake, instead I followed up a few hours later with a pot of hot ramen noodles with tuna and tomatillo sauce.  Warm which I wanted.  It's going to be a cool moist evening.

Here's my home.






1 comment:

  1. Sad to put all of that beef under that delicious looking crab and avocado...🤣
    Stay warm, Honey!!

    ReplyDelete