Saturday, August 19, 2017

Day 13 - Redwood National Park to Arcata


We started the day in heavy fog today, but the sun was trying so hard to peek through.

On the way out we were fortunate to see the bull Elk reasonably close up in the prairie near camp.  The ranger mentioned the males have been sparring recently, getting ready for full out battles later in the fall.  I caught on such bout on video, but can't seem to load it on my phone.

The picture.




We did a short 8 mile ride to town for breakfast.  


It was delicious, the homemade blackberry jam was really good.

From my cafe restaurant window I could see the other dining option in town.  They cover everything you could need, made me chuckle.  Orlick population 326.



Trinity road that we were on was littered with gravel, potholes and cracks.  The views might have been amazing were it not for the all day fog.


Aforementioned fog.


More fog.


When the roads improved we hit dairy farmland.


And we were delayed by cattle headed to the dairy.


A different kind of day yet again.


I'm sure glad I'm blogging, towns and experiences are starting to blur in my head.  When people ask where we are coming from it's easiest to say Seattle.  It's to hard to remember day to day.

Some people are outdoors.


I chose this spot.


Rest day tomorrow, I'm really going to try and rest.  We'll see how that goes.


3 comments:

  1. Jeff, congrats on your progress! That looks like the church where I called it last year, and headed home. Sad for me, but good decision.
    Enjoying your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodee. It's been great so far. I got through the tunnel as fast as I could just outside Cannon Beach and thought of you, I even took a picture to send you, but didn't have wifi that day. Take care.

      Delete
  2. I have a feeling you will really enjoy this rest day one way or another. It sounds like it's coming at a good time. Hope you don't get up to 25000 steps like last time!

    ReplyDelete