Sunday, August 27, 2017

Day 22 - San Francisco to Pescadaro


We started our morning in the sun and climbing up and over a gentle 😬13% hill to head back to highway 1 (and the fog). Today I would describe it as a warmer fog though.


I was eager to take "The Devils Slide" alternate route.  Several chickened out afraid of adding climbing, but it turned out we did the slide side.  The old highway 1 converted to multi use biking walking road that avoids a tunnel with a narrow shoulder inside.


It was very fun and once on the other side we could see the eroding Devils bunker.

From a lookout.


The other way.


Closeup using the gravel cyclocross route.


I enjoyed this funny sign through Half Moon Bay bike path.


More fog, so more lighthouses, but at this point the first of hopefully many riping tailwinds.


Our campground has an amazing little garden area.  Beautiful artichokes.  We past quite a few already harvested fields.


With the wind blowing its very frigid, so I holed up.  The view from my tent window.  We are camping at the site labeled Eucalyptus Camp.


Movie night.


On the big screen.

I tried to get a sunset picture but my teeth were rattling to much.  Back to my comfortable sleeping bag, with the pleasant aroma of eucalyptus to put me to sleep.


Tomorrow one more short day before we start going big to finish things up.


3 comments:

  1. Gosh, can't wait for you to warm up! Im chilled just thinking of all that fog. I know, be careful what you wish for though, high temps ahead!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a really nice day in spite of all of the temperature changes. I'm stoked for you that the end is in sight: not close, but sort of a light at the end of the tunnel, maybe? I hope you can continue to enjoy the fantastic coastal views coming up- they should be incredible. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fog can chill you like none other. Stay warm. Enjoy the final stretch.

    P.S. Loved the tee shirts!

    ReplyDelete