Monday, August 7, 2017

Day 2 - Shelton to Centralia

My first picture on my instagram feed was the buddha daily quote above.  If that isn't appropriate I don't know what is.  A year ago, who would have guessed same but different?  A year from now?


One of our riders had this great jersey.  More positive vibes.  Although another rider standing near us while I took the photo (cough, my roomate at Edgewater) said he needed a grumpy 😡 one for his normal disposition.  I concur, weak sauce.


It stayed damp and foggy for the majority of the morning and I was fortunate to catch a little bit of light shining on the river.


A few miles prior to these deer 🦌 we saw a baby fawn who was way too quick for my camera.  


Fortunately not a detour, just a short hike a bike around this huge ditch hole.  It made for a very pleasant patch of quiet road.


Back with the faster crew today and too fast for rest stop 2.  So we stopped at the Highway 12 drive-in for a burger.

Ally vetoed the veggie burrito packet so its Burgers 🍔 1 - Burritos 🌯 0.  I felt obligated to get the "Super Sport Meal".

What a change in weather from the ride in 2016.  This year fog and sun, with an occasional tailwind compared to last years monsoon.

We reside at the same lutheran church as last year and now I'm two for two having the wifi password already punched in.  I guess people don't really change them much.


I told people about my burrito burger ratio tracking.  One of the riding mates (from New Mexico) made the official call on the right side (taco), so I refolded the left one before eating it (burrito).  
🍔 1 🌯 1. 

I think I'll keep track in my head for a while to keep you in suspense.


4 comments:

  1. Keep the good vibes and sunshine rollin'! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or even the good vibes and the fog rollin' in. That doesn't sound too bad either- better than too much sun or rain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to seeing how many burritos you eat this month! :D
    Also I really like that jersey, I think you need one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Sam love the jersey.

    ReplyDelete