Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Day 3 - Centralia to Castle Rock


Throughout the last fews days we've been surrounded by tall grass and lush green farms.  I thought I'd share the terrain with this picture.


Foggy all morning, but the fog adds a wonderful mystery hiding the road ahead.


I got this photo stealthily and surprised everyone in camp.  Several people wanted it for their blogs.  So i shared it with everyone at the campsite.  Good fun.


Minor road delay killed my strava PR on this segment.  Glad the tar wasn't fresh on the shoulder.


I slowed down today and took more pictures.


Entertaining.


I stopped for a snack.


And then taught fellow riders to forage for blackberries.


Good crop.


How's that for a lunch.  Frito ramen, hot chocolate and a cold beer.


Early into camp and pleasantly joined hammock city.

It was an easy ride today, likely because i was distracted with great scenery.  Oregon hills are coming soon.




2 comments:

  1. Remember the strawberries floating down the Truckee River? Now that was easy pickins'. The photos and commentary are great. Keep on keepin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shot of all the riders pickin berries! Awesome. And I would love to know what prescription Dr. Pierce offers 'weak women'!! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete