Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Day 10 - Coos Bay to Humbug State Park


What a sweet first 1/3 of the ride today.  I think cyclists named it.


Seven sharply pitched roads each labeled with chalk taunting us until we finished.


I probably expended too much energy getting a run at them, but it was so fun.


Funny little things along the way today.

A beautiful harbor hust outside Coos Bay.


I've been wanting to stop and get yhis picture for a couple days.  I've seen huge piles of shells periodically.


Life is slow.  Bike, eat, drink, camp, find bathroom.  Time to look for pretty things.


Bandon Dunes was a very adorable little town.  At the rest stop one rider was really excited to find a whale cookie at the local bakery.


I found bigfoot.


It's exciting to have sunshine now.  The last weeks pictures are all grey.


Next stop California.





3 comments:

  1. Oh, Jeff, your pictures are very evocative of where you are. I am longing to see the ocean.... I think you have another picture of yourself for your wall (at least one, actually)--the one with the coastline behind you-lovely! You're doing this thing and it's SO worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I remember those "devils".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Previous photo--can't decide who is cuter--you or the seal. Amazing scenery. Damn those devils!

    ReplyDelete