Friday, August 18, 2017

Day 12 - Crescent City to Redwood National Forrest


It's a short but hilly day.  This was my view on the first climb out of Crescent City.  When cars weren't whizzing by it was very serene and quiet.  


I'm still not sure about this haze or smoke?  Never could decide which it was.

This is my photo tribute to the trees of mystery.



And me with a guest photo bomber (a rider who never really stops for pictures and would prefer we hurry up).


The photo bomber sound asleep at our rest stop.


California Bears are thirsty.



Wow.  What an amazing afternoon.  The long, gentle descent to the campground was quiet and awe inspiring.  It's a bit like that seeing the Grand Canyon feeling.


My pre-dinner.  The indian korma jacked me up.  Definitely not one I'll eat again.


Our camp group had pasta dinner later that evening which helped to correct the situation.

My favorite picture of the day.


I took this photo for all my loved ones out there. ❤️


To Arcata tomorrow followed by a well deserved rest day.




3 comments:

  1. That's some serious elevation change- glad it was apparently pleasant! Yesterday's ride looked brutal: that's a long time in the saddle. I hope you are sleeping well: that's so key. Again, sure fun to watch the ecosystems change around you. I hope Cali treats you well, and that there's a rest day soon! Thinking of you from far away- hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos revive memories of family trips along that scenic road; we even went into Trees of Mystery once. I am so pleased to be riding along with you==Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing great so far & nearly halfway.

    ReplyDelete