Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Day 11 - Humbug State Park to Crescent City


I didn't stop for as many pictures today.  A big gust of wind tipped over my bike at a rest stop and bent the derailleur hanger yesterday.  I now have about three less gears I can shift in.  

I did get some good ones though.  

I thought this one was funny at our first rest stop.


Easy to be a photographer.


Fun with shadows.


The long haul through California begins.



The local bike shop was scared to work on my bike.  I think it may have been worth more than the shop.  So I have to deal with shifting issues for a few more days until I reach Arcata, a bigger town.

They did have a cool sign though.


I'm excited to be caught up on laundry today.  Should make for a much more peaceful rest day.


My garmin blew up mid ride so I have to iPhone it.  If you add the two it equals our whole ride.  Two of my best pictures.



3 comments:

  1. Sorry about your bike's accident and the missing gears, but I have confidence you can manage. I think Arcata/Eureka should be able to help you out. Your string of great photos continues; I look forward to the blog every day and hold you in my thoughts all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say that Po and I, Jamie and Jennifer visited that dinosaur park years and years ago, fun to see it's still there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the mishap. But I agree with Jackie--you're a survivor. Hang in there. That is an beautiful coastline photo. Northern California look out!

    ReplyDelete