Saturday, August 26, 2017

Day 21 - San Francisco (Rest Day)


Without cars my travel itinerary can be a little more difficult.  I want to rest, but I'm in San Francisco.  So four of us walked to the closest BART station (1.4 miles)

I was the tour guide by default, I've at least been here a few times.

We started at Powell Station close to Union Square where we hopped on a Big Bus tour of the city.


We saw everything (not on foot) that we could.


Not to shabby to get this photo.  From the bus, no people in the picture, speeding through fog.


We hopped off finally at .....


..... with a bazillion other people.

We were ready to eat.  I introduced them to Cioppino.



Right outside the restaurant a t-shirt shop made me laugh.  I really wanted a couple, but opted for photos instead.


The best of all for rest day.


In all truthfulness, more like this.


The only really extra walking we added was good'ol Lombard Street.


Cool view.


We spotted one last stop before heading back.


But it was closed 😂.

I took this silly picture right before we BARTed.  A coed bathroom.  I never would have imagined that people could handle that sort of thing in America, how European.


Back on the saddle.  I'll leave you with Alcatraz instead of bathrooms.


2 comments:

  1. Glad the bike is ready for the second half; this was an excellent rest day! You're a excellent tour guide, hit all the right spots, places they'll see in pictures and remember. Po was smiling down on you and your bowl of cioppino. Ride on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that city. The cioppino looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete